As a professional yoga instructor of over 20 years, I've spent the last 10 of those specializing in adapting yoga & mindful movement for people with limitations.
The majority of my students have Parkinson's Disease, MS, TBI and stroke and I also support many people with other conditions that limit their functional movement. My team and I wholeheartedly believe that every day matters when it comes to good quality of life of those living with movement disorders. We have the skills, experience and passion to make that possible for our clients.
Most of my services are online, including 3 weekly classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:45-2:15 via Zoom. Classes average around 20 participants including my Assistants and occasional guest presenters.
On occasion I will do some in-person classes and events in Fort Collins, CO. Even though I am excited about being able to support some of my clients in-person in the months ahead, the main focus will continue to be my online programs. This provides a number of opportunities for my Assistants to contribute to AYS programs.
Volunteer Adaptive Yoga Assistants:
- Provide virtual assistance and live support to people participating in my adaptive yoga classes and events.
- Once trained, commit to assist in at least one class per week, committing to a particular class: Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. Approximately 12:45-2:30 Mountain Time
- Commit to a minimum of one month. My classes are year round and run through the holidays and over the summer.
- Attend weekly virtual team meetings.
- Prerequisites: A compassionate heart and an interest in helping people with various stages of movement disorders. (Experience with yoga is helpful but not required.)
You will gain valuable experience from highly respected leaders in the field of Adaptive Fitness for the aging population and those living with neurodegenerative disorders.
Internship opportunities along with needed volunteer hours for resumes, independant class credit hours, etc.
I earned my BS in Kinesiology from CU in 1992 so I understand the intensity of your school schedules and responsibilities. I can be somewhat flexible with individual needs and provide this opportunity to enhance your education and personal development.
Please contact me with any questions.